JamHub Restricted Use Policy
This document has been changed and adapted to JamHub from the open-source Basecamp policy which can be found here.
Last updated: April 9, 2023
We are proud to give people a better way to build better software, faster; however, we also recognize that JamHub can be used by others to do harm. This is not our intention, and we feel an ethical obligation to counter such harm. If you use any of our products, you can't use them for any of the restricted purposes below. If you do, we will take action using any means necessary -- usually by terminating your account or banning your IP.
- Violence, or threats thereof: If an activity qualifies as violent crime in the United States or where you live, you may not use JamHub products to plan, perpetrate, or threaten that activity.
- Child exploitation, sexualization, or abuse: We don't tolerate any activities that create, disseminate, or otherwise cause child abuse.
- Hate speech: You cannot use our products to advocate for the extermination, domination, or oppression of people.
- Harassment: Intimidating or targeting people or groups through repeated communication, including using racial slurs or dehumanizing language, is not welcome at JamHub.
- Doxing: If you are using JamHub products to share other peoples' private personal information for the purposes of harassment, we don't want anything to do with you.
- Malware or spyware: Code for good, not evil. If you are using our products to make or distribute anything that qualifies as malware or spyware — including remote user surveillance — begone.
- Phishing or otherwise attempting fraud: It is not okay to lie about who you are or who you affiliate with to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm others.
- Spamming: No one wants unsolicited commercial emails. We don't tolerate folks (including their bots) using JamHub products for spamming purposes.
- Cybersquatting: We don't like username extortionists. If you purchase a JamHub product account in someone else's name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancellation.
- Infringing on intellectual property: You can't use JamHub products to make or disseminate work that uses the intellectual property of others beyond the bounds of fair use.
While our use restrictions are comprehensive, they can't be exhaustive — it's possible an offense could defy categorization, present for the first time, or illuminate a moral quandary we hadn't yet considered. That said, we hope the overarching spirit is clear: JamHub is not to be harnessed for harm, whether mental, physical, personal or civic. Different points of view — philosophical, religious, and political — are welcome, but ideologies like white nationalism, or hate-fueled movements anchored by oppression, violence, abuse, extermination, or domination of one group over another, will not be accepted here.
How to report abuse
For any case violating this policy or any other reports, please email us at [email protected]
Please share as much as you are comfortable with about the account, the content or behavior you are reporting, and how you found it. Sending us a URL or screenshots is super helpful. If you need a secure file transfer, let us know and we will send you a link. We will not disclose your identity to anyone associated with the reported account.
*This policy and process applies to any product created and owned by Jam Software LLC.*